Cooked

Man Sets His House On Fire After Cooking Steak In Toaster Unsatisfied With Insurance Payout

Man Sets His House On Fire After Cooking Steak In Toaster Unsatisfied With Insurance Payout

Cooked, Fire
Culinary experimentation has gone wrong. A New Zealander set his house on fire while trying to cook a steak, not in a pan, but a toaster. The man, whose identity is unknown, wanted to cook himself a steak and fries for dinner, reports the New Zealand news site Stuff. For cooking his piece of meat, he curiously chose the toaster. At the height of recklessness, he took a few minutes to go buy fries in a take-out restaurant. When he returned home, his house was on fire. While cooking in the toaster, the steak probably released some fat, creating a short circuit and thus setting the appliance on fire. The fire, which quickly spread, caused serious damage to the house, which the man shared with his partner. DISAGREEMENT ON COMPENSATION He made use of his insurance, which pa...